I got my packet in the mail today with benefit information for United MileagePlus Premier 1k Status – this will be my third year with it.
The package includes some luggage tags, drink coasters touting various destinations, drink tickets, a note from United CEO Oscar Munoz, and details about the benefits.
In the past, I had to cram in some mileage runs at the end of the year, but I traveled the most I ever have in 2018. I have traveled a little more than 130,000 “premier qualifying miles” this year, and you need 100,000 to qualify (plus a spending minimum).
Some of the perks I enjoy with Premier 1k Status:
- Pre-board before group 1
- 3 complimentary checked bags up to 70 lbs
- United Club membership discounts
- Complimentary Economy Plus seating for me and up to 8 companions (very nice since I have 4 kids)
- A free Choice Menu food item and one free alcoholic beverage when flying in economy
- Complimentary Premier Upgrades, as well as Regional Premier Upgrades and Global Premier Upgrades received with the status
- Priority baggage handling
Now if they’d just comp the WiFi for Premier 1k I’d be super extra happy.