The next time you are heading to an out of town conference check and see if you can build in a day or two there to enjoy the city with CityPASS.
CityPASS is a service that sells discounted ticket packages to top tourist attractions in various North American metropolitan areas.
They are currently available in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Southern California, Tampa Bay, and Toronto.
So, many of the cities you are likely to hit for a conference, except maybe Las Vegas and Orlando.
An example of the CityPASS for NYC is that you have a choice of two packages – one has three preset tickets:
- The Empire State Building
- American Museum of Natural History
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
And then three options for other places to visit:
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck OR Guggenheim Museum
- Ferry Access to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island OR Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises
- 9/11 Memorial & Museum OR Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Alternatively, you could choose a lower cost CityPASS when you can go to three attractions from a list of ten options.
Either way, it’s a great deal compared to buying individual tickets to these attractions, plus it streamlines the effort of booking tickets at multiple places.